Wednesday 5 January 2011

Retrospective 8 : Purple wednesday event.

Purple Wednesday,bay horse,a date sometime between Nov 1st and Nov 29Th,I'm a little hazy on the details...BUT.... me and Karol went to this event as we got involved. WE were told to make something out of a small piece of cardboard to sell to raise money. Karol made a collage and i had eaten a lot of maoam so i replaced the inside of the maoam with cardboard and made broaches out of string,fake maoam and safety pins.
The event itself was a film showing of short films made by students and postgrads in Manchester,they were really varied in theme,length and impact. I picked up some techniques that i could adapt into my own film for the Mary Greg project and that was to use editing tools such as reverse,speed and opacity to create an awkward yet atmospheric film in a less obviously edited way. In my film for the Greg project i used layers of video with opacity and varying speeds to focus attention on the material,textures and the atmosphere of the space.I also attempted stop motion for the first time.

(photos at a later date)

No comments:

Post a Comment